Economic Assistance & Employment Services

FoodShare Wisconsin

FoodShare Wisconsin was created to help stop hunger and to improve nutrition and health. FoodShare helps people with limited money buy the food they need for good health.

Who May Qualify and How to Apply?

Families and individuals with limited income and resources may qualify for FoodShare benefits. To check potential eligibility for FoodShare benefits and to apply, please visit this website:

Residents of Dane County can also call the Capital Consortium Call Center at 1-888-794-5556 to apply or with general eligibility questions.

In-person applications can be made at the following locations:

Job Center
1819 Aberg Ave., Suite D
Madison WI 53704
Fax: (608) 242-7410
Stoughton Office
125 Veterans Rd.
Stoughton WI 53589

The Job Center does have computers available to complete on-line applications.

For more information regarding FoodShare, please visit the state website at

For community resources phone the United Way of Dane County at 2-1-1 or on-line at

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. e-mail:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.