The five-year goals for the Dane County Department of Human Services form the foundation for the Department to improve outcomes to those it serves and strengthen the core competencies of the organization. The Department’s goals focus on four areas: improving the lives of the individuals it serves; improving the performance of its systems and its ability to publicly report on that performance; improving its financial health; and improving its organizational effectiveness and infrastructure.
Mission, Vision and Values
To provide effective services that support well-being, independence, diversity, and community safety.
Improve the quality of life for those we serve.
- All people have value and are treated with respect.
- Diversity strengthens our community.
- We promote individual and family independence.
- We support collaboration and integration of services.
- We support prevention and utilizing the least restrictive interventions.
- We value innovative, evidence-based approaches.
- We are leaders and catalysts for change.
- We are accountable stewards of public funds.